- March 21, 2016
- Posted by: Josiah Hincks Solicitors
- Category: Legal News, Our News
Josiah Hincks Solicitors are proudly supporting Living Without Abuse (LWA) in their upcoming charity event – the Loughborough Half Marathon on 3rd April 2016! See their website at http://www.giving-back.co.uk/loughborough-half.asp for more details.
Living Without Abuse is a local charity supporting victims of domestic abuse across Leicestershire and Charnwood. We at Josiah Hincks Solicitors feel that the statistics surrounding this issues only highlight what an important cause this is:
- Will affect 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men in their lifetime
- Leads to, on average, two women being murdered each week and 30 men per year
- Accounts for 16% of all violent crime (Source: Crime in England and Wales 04/05 report), however it is still the violent crime least likely to be reported to the police
- Has more repeat victims than any other crime (on average there will have been 35 assaults before a victim calls the police)
- Is the single most quoted reason for becoming homeless (Shelter, 2002)
- In 2010 the Forced Marriage Unit responded to 1735 reports of possible Forced Marriages.
Not only are Josiah Hincks Solicitors supporting the event, but we are entering a Half Marathon Team and a number of us are volunteering to marshal this worthy cause.
If you have been the victim of domestic abuse or have any other legal issues contact us at Josiah Hincks Solicitors to see how we can help you.
The Josiah Hincks team did the half marathon in a respectable time of 2 hours 24 minutes. Emily Weston, Emma Sharp, Emma Longstaff all took part in this race, racing money for the charity.