Josiah Hincks Solicitors are discrimination claims solicitors. We are solicitors in Leicester (as well as Blaby and Coalville) and have expert employment lawyers waiting to advise you on all aspect of discrimination law.
Discrimination claims are often issued in Leicester Employment Tribunal. It is unlawful for an employer to treat their employees any less favourably because of so called “protected characteristics”. Accordingly, our discrimination lawyers can advise on:
- Race Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Religion or belief Discrimination
- Gender reassignment Discrimination
- Marriage or civil partnership Discrimination
- Pregnancy or maternity Discrimination
In addition to discrimination claims, if you have been:
- Refused employment
- Offered employment on less favourable terms
- Denied promotion or training
- Subjected to remarks, comments, behaviour or anything that creates an offensive environment
Because of one of the protected characteristics above you may have a discrimination claim against your employer and be entitled to compensation.
Our discrimination law solicitors can advise on the four types of Discrimination:
- Direct Discrimination: where an individual is or would be treated less favourably
- Indirect Discrimination: where a provision or practice applied equally to all would put an individual at a disadvantage
- Victimisation: where someone is treated less favourably because they have or intend to make a complaint regarding discrimination
- Harassment: where unwanted conduct has the purpose or effect of violating a person’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment.
If you have been subject to any form of discrimination or want advice about bringing discrimination claims talk to Josiah Hincks Employment Team who will be able to provide you with advice and assistance tailored to you.