Josiah Hincks Solicitors can help you in claims for discrimination on the grounds of Religion or Belief. Our discrimination solicitors can help with any religion & belief discrimination, whether linked to unfair dismissal or any other Employment Law and Employment Tribunal claim.
Examples of discrimination based on a persons religion and belief include:
- Name calling
- Offensive comments
- Being dismissed because of a belief or religion
- Being chosen for redundancy because of a belief or religion
- Not being chosen for a job role or promotion because of a belief or religion
- Being subjected to inappropriate behaviour (this will also be classified as harassment).
This section of the law covers:
- Another persons religion or belief
- A perception of a persons religion or belief, whether correct or not
- A persons genuine philosophical belief
The factors that an employment tribunal would consider when deciding whether something is a religion or belief is:
- Is the belief is genuinely held?
- Is it a belief and not an opinion?
- Is the belief is a substantial part of a persons life and behaviour?
- Does it reach a certain level of cohesion, importance and seriousness?
- Is the belief compatible with human dignity and a persons fundamental rights?
The law in this area doesn’t cover patriotism.
We at Josiah Hincks Solicitors have experience in dealing with employment law discrimination claims and can offer impartial advice. Please call our solicitors in leicester today on 0116 2551811 or by using the contact us form on the right.