Josiah Hincks Agricultural & Farming Law Team can help you, your farm and diversified farming business in a wide range of farming law matters. We are the only NFU Legal Panel firm in Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland. Our experienced and specialist team of solicitors and executives aim to provide excellent service and good value to our farming clients.
Our Agricultural Team
How we can help
How can we help?
Our agricultural law solicitors are accessible from all five offices, covering the whole of the County. Our lawyers will often make site visits if necessary.
The long standing relationships we enjoy with our farming law clients has led to our lawyers having an in depth knowledge of their farming activities and the land involved. We can advise you on:-
- Buying and selling agricultural land
- Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancies
- Farm business tenancies
- Share farming agreements
- Land development opportunities
- Diversification projects
- Telecommunication site leases
- Succession Planning / Wills & Probate
- Wind turbines and renewable energy
- Farming disputes
- Employment law issues for farmers
Josiah Hincks are solicitors for farmers in Leicestershire. Contact us now for expert advice on all agricultural issues.
Why choose our agricultural farming lawyers?
Why choose us?
We recognise that a large proportion of our work comes from recommendations and satisfied clients therefore for our aim is to give the maximum level of added value service at competitive rates. We accept we may not be the cheapest but we pride ourselves on the quality of service.
We provide clear and concise advice and ensure you are kept fully appraised throughout the transaction. 98% of our clients would recommend Josiah Hincks to friends, family and contacts.
In 2018 Josiah Hincks was recognised by the Leicestershire Law Society as Small Law Firm of the year 2018. This award reflects the excellent service our staff offer its clients and brings assurance to those clients working with us that we strive for excellence in all we do.
National Farmers Union – NFU Legal Panel
Josiah Hincks Solicitors are a member of the National Farmers Union (NFU) Legal Panel and the only such law firm in Leicestershire Northamptonshire and Rutland. This means that all NFU Members are entitled to a 12.5% discount on our usual legal fees. If an NFU Member has a current Legal Assistance Scheme (LAS) subscription, then it may assist with financial support on professional fees. Any NFU Member should speak with NFU Call First on 0370 845 8458.
We can provide advice on:
- Agricultural Tenancies (Agricultural Holdings Act or Farm Business Tenancies)
- Buying and Selling Farms, Farm Land and other farm based property transactions
- Adverse Possession
- Boundary Disputes
- Divorce for Farmers and other family issues
- Easements / Rights of Way
- Employment Law for Farmers
- Insolvency Issues
- Health and Safety
- Succession claims
- Succession planning / Wills & Probate / Trusts / Inheritance Tax Planning
- Share Farming / Contract Farming
- Machinery Disputes, Trading/Supplier Disputes, eg Fertiliser, Feed & Seed Supply Disputes
- Public Rights of Way / Private Rights of Way
- Knotweed and controling invasive species
- Planning permission and planning appeals
- Illegal Encampments /Gypsies / Fly Grazing
- Partnerships and Partnership Agreements
- Farm Business Planning and Structuring
- Shooting Rights
- Wayleave Agreements / Utilities / Mobile Phone Masts
- Renewal Energy / Wind turbines / Solar PV / Anaerobic Digesters
- Water pollution
- Diversification including:
- Car Boot Sales
- Shooting / Clay or Game Shooting
- Caravan & Camping / Glamping
- Farm Shop / Pick your own
- Farm Contracting
- Renewalble Energy