There are few solicitors in Leicester than can give expert advice on TUPE regulations. These are the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations which affect business and employees when an existing business is bought/sold/transferred. Our TUPE solicitors in Leicester can give you expert advice on your rights under the TUPE legislation.
In the event that your employer sells or transfers his business to a new company your employment contract will be protected. This means that you should be automatically transferred on the same terms to your new employer. Further, if you are dismissed because of the transfer to a new employer this will automatically be classified as unfair dismissal, unless:
- There is a technical reason: for example the new employer uses technology that the current employees don’t have the necessary skills for
- There is an organisational reason: for example if the new employer will be operating from a different location
- There is an economic reason: for example the profits of the company would be significantly damaged unless staff were dismissed.
If your employment has recently been transferred and your contract has been changed or you have been dismissed you may have a claim and Josiah Hincks Employment Solicitors will be able to help.
Under the TUPE Regulations, Employees have the right:
- to be consulted
- for any unions be involved
- if no trade unions, for employee representatives to be appointed for the purposes of the consultation with employees
- to know specific details about any transfers, including when, to whom, and the consequences of the transfer
- to be given adequate time to be consulted
- to be given certain information about the new employer.
The TUPE regulations are very complicated and ever-changing. You should speak to expert TUPE transfer solicitors for advice. Call our Employment Law Solicitors now on 0116 2551811.