Our employment lawyers in Leicester can help you bring an Employment Tribunal Claim for Disability Discrimination. Our Disability Discrimination Law Solicitors are based in our offices across the County and Josiah Hincks can assist with all types of Disability Discrimination Claims.
The definition of disability is:
“A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on the ability to carry out normal day to day activities”.
The following will automatically be considered as a disability;
- Blindness, sight impairment or partial sightedness
- Progressive conditions such as cancer or HIV
- Sever disfigurement
If you have a disability you employer has duty to make reasonable adjustments which can include but is not limited to:
- Reduced/ altered hours
- Modifying equipment
- Adjusting premises
If your employer fails to make reasonable adjustments and you lose your job or are forced to leave your job because of this then this will be classified as disability discrimination.
Other examples of disability discrimination include:
- Name calling
- Offensive comments
- Being dismissed due to a disability and/ or sick leave
- Being chosen for redundancy because of a disability and/ or sick leave
- Not being chosen for a job role or promotion because of your disability
If you think your have been discriminated against our Employment law solicitors in Leicester, Blaby and Coalville can help.