Solicitors in Leicester, Blaby, Market Harborough, Syston and Coalville


Call Now: 0116 255 18 11

History

Josiah Hincks was first registered to practice law in 1927 and initially Mr Josiah Hincks practiced alone. In 1948 he was joined by his son – so the addition to the name ‘Josiah Hincks & Son’. Later in 1958 they formed a partnership with Mr John Bullough and hence the firm of ‘Josiah Hincks Son & Bullough’ was born.

Mr Josiah Hincks died in December 1957 and his son took over the running of the firm. Over the years other partners were added but the name was retained. Mr John Bullough sadly passed away and there are none of the founders now alive. In October 2008 Josiah Hincks rebranded reverting the firm’s name back to ‘Josiah Hincks’.

The building which houses our firm also has a history. The building we are in, The Manse, along with the church next door, St Stephen’s, was originally sited on London Road in Leicester. However, both of the buildings were moved, stone by stone, to their new site on De Montfort Street in the late 1880’s to facilitate the construction of the Leicester Railway Station.